A Freelance worker is a self-employed individual employee that works for others and provides services for others. Various types of works or services can be providing by a freelancer in business or even multiple client at same time. A freelancer can work as a creative designer, programmer or developer, administrative support specialist, writer or translator, finance professionals, sales & marketing specialist etc.
There are lots of opportunities in the present internet world to work from home as an individual freelance contractor. Making money and work from home getting popularity day by day. The most popular freelancing website in the world upwork.com conducted a research with an independent research firm about “Freelancing in America: 2016” about the most comprehensive measure of the U.S. independent workforce. How many Americans are freelancing? Why? What is their potential impact on elections? More than 6,000 U.S. workers surveyed to answer these questions.
Results showed that more people than ever are choosing to freelance, more than 55 million in the year of 2016 or 35% of the total U.S. workforce.
Freelancing allows a worker to set their own price for work, which is often higher than anyone can make as an employee in an office even for the same work. A worker can work for a client for a long period of time which depends upon satisfaction of the client. Suppose someone needs two or three articles per week regularly. Some works for a short period of time which has some advantages, workers can do various types of work and can gather lots of varieties experiences.
Some advantages of freelance working:
- In the age of present information technology it is very easy to get started as a freelancer and make money from home.
- A worker can express himself, his experiences and interests around the globe. Anyone can easily reach his targeted employer in many ways.
- At present world freelance worker has high demand. Many businesses don’t have any employees; they just have a team of freelancers across the world.
- Work freely; make your own schedule of work, work from anywhere you want even if are on vacation.
- In the beginning every freelancer need patience and hard work to make a strong presence in the market. As he grows in the market he can choose his own client and work.
- Deliver the work the way you see fit for yourself. While you need to deliver what the client asks, how the work is done is up to you.
There are some disadvantages too:
- For the beginners it takes some time to make some steady clients.
- If you can’t perform tasks on time then freelancing won’t fit you. Working freely means you can work from anywhere in your own way but delivery work on schedule is very important for every client because they will pay you for that.
- If you like to work on variety of projects at the same time then managing multiple clients and projects can be a challenge. Client needs quality of works and on time delivery of work.
- In the beginning payments start with low because many clients pay less for work for a new freelancer but after some time you seek to charge what you’re worth and find clients willing to pay for quality.
So, getting started as a freelance worker is easy. Just go to one famous freelancing website, get registered (not with the fake one!), make a smart profile, find your interested work, bid for them, and start networking with your current sphere of influence to find your client.
- Decide what kind of work or services you will offer. Find out your interests and mix up with your experiences. Build a strong and smart profile that promotes the benefits you have to offer.
- Find out your targeted market and targeted clients.
- Set your own prices of work.
- Start reaching out to find your clients. Use your own network that will help you to find out some potential clients.
Present day, freelancing is an easy, rapid and inexpensive way to make money online from home. Be your own boss and earn for your living from home. There are pros and cons, in freelancing success comes for the people who plan their business and deliver quality work on schedule.
Best of luck!