HTC Vive is a kind of virtual reality device that when you wear the headset lots of surprises will impress you. HTC Vive was developed by HTC and Valve Corporation, first released on 5 April 2016. HTC introduced their first VR headset to provide a high quality VR experience for the users and the device has emerged as favorite after few days. Now, HTC Vive is one of the best VR headsets in the market. The Chaperone guidance system helps you to stay within your VR area; you can explore everything and Walk around freely using the vive. You will feel the virtual reality in the environment in a spectacular graphics which make you feel so real and surreal simultaneously.
- HTC Vive has a refresh rate of 90 Hz.
- It uses two screens for two eyes.
- Each screen uses an OLED display technology having resolution of 1080×1200.
- HTC vive has 3.5 mm audio jack for headphones.
- Connect with HDMI 1.4 or Display Port 1.2 and USB 3.0.
- The device has more than 70 sensors including MicroelectroMechanical Systems (MEMS), gyroscope, accelerometer and laser position sensors.
- The sensors operate in a 15/15 foot or 4.6 by 4.6 meter tracking space.
- The “Lighthouse” base stations designed by Alan Yates that track the user’s movement with sub-millimeter precision.
- The front-facing camera easily detects moving or static objects in a room.
- Need a computer running Microsoft Windows for the experience with Vive. Recently HTC and Valve announced they would be bringing the Vive and SteamVR to Linux and macOS-based platforms.
- The front facing camera of HTC Vive brings together the real world to the virtual world.
- For heavy users to keep balanced for a long period of the, the adjustable headset strap system helps a lot.
- HTC Vive has a 100-degree field that gives the user a charismatic engagement.
- It has precision tracking system that sensor 360-degree motion tracking.
- Combined resolution and high refresh rate feasts your eyes and delivers smooth action and graphics.
- Easy to use and can adjust with the accessories. The Nose pad and interchangeable foam inserts helps you to feel more comfortable.
You can smoothly explore and interact with the virtual characters, object and environment using the wireless controllers in hands combined with precise SteamVR Tracking. For realistic haptic feedback and intuitive controlling the HTC Vive’s controller has specially designed. SteamVR is a digital games distribution service that has emerged to be a central hub for PC gaming.
Multi function track-pad provides natural navigation, HD haptic feedback and effortless precision. For a remarkable game-play dual-stage triggers with HD haptic feedback will reach you to a new V R level. The handheld controllers use 24 sensors for seamless interaction and accurate tracking. The base stations provide 360-degree motion tracking for a remarkable VR experience. The stations connects wirelessly, they just need the power cable.
Setup your Vive:
Using the quick start guide you can enter into the VR world easily, it manages to gloss over a few aspects of more advanced setup you can do your own including headset adjustments, base station mounting. Tune your HTC Vive for the best possible experience.
- Keep in mind that you can setup your HTC Vive without drilling any hole.
- Remember, the least painful way to setup HTC Vive Lighthouses.
- Adjust correctly the lens spacing on your HTC Vive.
- Think how to get the best fit with your Vive for the best experience.
- Pair your HTC Vive controllers properly, read the guide lines.
- Know how to start with the SteamVR. It has dozens of features for the headset to make your VR journey more enjoyable.
There is a growing market for supplementary accessories for all types of VR devices. Game controllers, audio strap, TPCast wireless kit, dedicated peripherals, 3-in-1 cable and lots of other accessories are available which has their own flairs.
Best of Luck!