One of the most easily accessible, affordable, VR System is Samsung Gear VR for the new users. Gear VR is a device that you can easily pair your Smartphone with it, if you own a Samsung Smartphone (not all models) than Samsung Gear VR can be the best option for you to enter into the virtual reality world. You can watch 360-degree videos, can play games from a huge selection or can pass your time with your friends and family.
You can easily wear the headset, feel more comfortable and can get lost in the virtual world. The stylish and new design of Gear VR which is engineered to feel lighter will drive you easily into the new world. The foam cushioning of Gear VR is soft but unyielding to light which offers a natural hold and headset will fit with your face, the strap holder of this device is stable and secure.
The natural controlling system will give you the ability to go farther in the VR world. You can use the controller as a remote control to easily navigate, play games, brows contents and apps in your own VR area. You can use it as a gamepad complete with trigger to win battles. Samsung Gear VR will give you a unique and immersive V R experience to stay for extended periods of time.
Using Samsung Gear VR:
- You can travel the whole world and the universe, even you don’t need to leave your house!
- You can ride over a roller coaster using your Gear VR.
- There are lots of movies and 360-degree videos on the internet you can watch using your Smartphone and PC with the Gear VR.
- You can watch adult videos using your Gear VR.
- You can watch Plex with your Gear VR.
- You can watch the wide 101° field of view through the large lens.
- The built-in gyro sensor and accelerometer will give you a smooth and precise head tracking.
- You can spend your time together with your friends and neighbors.
- You can engage in deep discussions or simply just hang out by putting on your Gear VRs and setting up an Oculus Room.
The Gear VR is compatible with Samsung Smartphone such as Galaxy S8, S8+, S7, S7 edge and Note5, S6 edge+, S6, S6 edge. It doesn’t matter whether your Galaxy smartphone uses Micro USB or USB Type-C connection. Simply attach the port you need to your Gear VR, and you are ready to enter the VR world. Use the Samsung Gear VR with the Galaxy S8 or S8+ smartphone to relive moments in 360 degrees captured with the Gear 360 (2017), go places in your VR world you never thought possible. The Galaxy S8 or S8+, Gear 360 (2017), and the Gear VR will break down the barriers in your VR world.
Specifications of Samsung Gear VR:
- Color: Orchid Gray and Black (headset & controller)
- Dimensions: 207.8 x 122.5 x 98.6 mm (headset), 48.1 x 38.2 x 108.1 mm (controller)
- Weight: 345 gm (headset), 64.3 gm (controller including battery and strap)
- Lens (Field of view (FOV) / Interpupilary distance (IPD) / Eye relief): 101˚ / 62mm (fixed) / 10mm
- Head Tracking: Sampling rate 1000Hz
- Sensor: Gyroscope / Accelerometer (Sampling rate 1 KHz), Proximity sensor
- Phone Connection: USB Type-C and Micro USB
- Compatible models of Smartphone’s: Galaxy S8, S8+, S7, S7 edge, Note5, S6 edge+, S6, S6 edge
- Additional USB Port: USB Type-C for power connection, OTG USB memory, 3rd-party controller
- Controller Sensor: Gyroscope / Accelerometer / Magnetic (Sampling Rate 208Hz)
- Controller Indicator: 3-color LED
- Controller Battery: AAA Batteries (1000mAh, up to 40 days when used 2 hours a day)
- Bluetooth: BT 4.2 BLE private profile
- Compatible OS: Android Lollipop 5.0 or later
There are lots of Samsung Gear VR apps, games, movies presently in the market and the number is increasing. So, don’t need to worry! Just prepare yourself for the next journey.
Thanks a lot.